Have tons of leftover frosting? I know the feeling. Seems like I always have leftover frosting or fondant somewhere. Mostly on my hips, but that's another story. This story is about a butter ball turkey and how he came to be in our Thanksgiving feast. In the few weeks before Thanksgiving, I had done a few cakes and my mom requested a do another cake for Thanksgiving. Isn't Thanksgiving all about pie??? Apparently not this year. Well, I didn't particularly have my heart in the project this time. So I made a small 6 inch cake and frosted it with leftover purple icing from my grandma's 75th birthday party. Then I had some leftover fondant from something or other, I can't even remember. I decided to make a little turkey out of fondant and place him on top of the cake. He actually turned out really adorable! I still had a little fondant and I can't seem to make any cakes without a border, so I cut maple leaves out with my cookie cutter and lined them up around the edge. The cake turned out so cute and everyone enjoyed it.



No comments:
Post a Comment